2 tbsp butter
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
200 grams salmon, chopped
150ml cooking cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp finely chopped chives
1 egg yolk, beaten
3 sheets of ready-rolled puff pastry, thawed
1. Place the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, cook until they change colour.
2. Stir in the salmon and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add cream. Season well with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
4. Cut each pastry sheet into 4. Add the salmon mixture (approximately 1 tablespoon) to the centre of a piece of pastry. Fold over a corner diagonally to enclose the filling and form a triangle.
5. Use the beaten egg yolk to seal the edges of the pastry.
7. Repeat with remaining pastry and mixture. Place on a lined baking tray and bake until golden.
Tips for leftovers:
You can use any leftover salmon from this recipe in pasta for a quick and easy meal.
Photo credit: Desi Trisnawati | Inspirational Chef