2 tbsp butter
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
200 grams salmon, chopped
150ml cooking cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp finely chopped chives
1 egg yolk, beaten
3 sheets of ready-rolled puff pastry, thawed
1. Place the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, cook until they change colour.
2. Stir in the salmon and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add cream. Season well with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
4. Cut each pastry sheet into 4. Add the salmon mixture (approximately 1 tablespoon) to the centre of a piece of pastry. Fold over a corner diagonally to enclose the filling and form a triangle.
5. Use the beaten egg yolk to seal the edges of the pastry.
7. Repeat with remaining pastry and mixture. Place on a lined baking tray and bake until golden.
Tips for leftovers:
You can use any leftover salmon from this recipe in pasta for a quick and easy meal.
Photo credit: Desi Trisnawati | Inspirational Chef
Desi is the winner of Masterchef Indonesia 2012 and the first female Masterchef Indonesia. She is the author of 20 Fun Recipes of Strong Heart and creator of the Indonesia’s first culinary board game Cooking with Inspirational Chef Desi. For more info: www.inspirational-chef.com